Are you planning your first trip to Bikaner? Well, we’re here to help you plan it just right! Bikaner, a charming city in the heart of Rajasthan, is a place that’s filled with history, culture, and an incredible culinary experience that you wouldn’t want to miss. From its majestic palaces to the mouthwatering sweets, Bikaner has a lot to offer. So, let’s dive into the perfect plan for your first trip to this beautiful city.
First Timer’s Guide to Bikaner Travel
1. When to Visit Bikaner
The first thing you should consider when planning your trip to Bikaner is the time of the year. Bikaner can be pretty hot during the summer months, with temperatures soaring, so we recommend avoiding the scorching months of May and June. The best time to visit is from October to March when the Indian weather is pleasant, and you can explore the city comfortably.
See more information ODIdea.net
2. Getting to Bikaner
Once you’ve decided when to go, it’s essential to plan how to get there. Bikaner is well-connected by road, rail, and air. You can either take a train to Bikaner Junction or opt for a long road trip, enjoying the beautiful landscapes of Rajasthan on your way. If you prefer air travel, the nearest airport is in Jodhpur, from where you can take a connecting flight to Bikaner.
3. Where to Stay
Now, let’s talk about where you can stay in Bikaner. There are several options ranging from budget-friendly hotels to luxurious heritage properties. Narendra Bhawan is considered the best hotel in Bikaner, which offers a regal experience that’s hard to find elsewhere. But remember, book your accommodation in pretty advance, especially during the peak season, to avoid any sort of last-minute hassles.
4. Exploring the City
Once you’re settled in, it’s time to explore the city. Bikaner is known for its architectural marvels and vibrant markets. Here are a few places you should include in your itinerary:
– Junagarh Fort: Start your journey with this grand fort, which showcases an exquisite blend of Rajput and Mughal architecture. Explore the palaces, courtyards, and temples inside the fort.
– Lalgarh Palace: This stunning palace is a perfect example of the royal heritage of Bikaner. The intricate artwork and lush gardens will leave you in awe.
– Karni Mata Temple: If you’re not squeamish, visit this unique temple that’s home to thousands of rats. It’s a one-of-a-kind experience, and the locals believe that the rats are sacred.
– Bikaner Bhujia: Don’t forget to taste the famous Bikaner Bhujia, a spicy snack that’s a specialty of the region. You can buy it from local shops and take some home as a souvenir.
– Camel Safari: Bikaner is renowned for its camel rides in the sand dunes. Explore the Thar Desert on a camel’s back and witness a mesmerizing sunset.
5. Food Delights
No trip to Bikaner is complete without indulging in its culinary delights. The city is a paradise for food lovers. Here’s what you must try:
– Rajasthani Thali: Enjoy a traditional Rajasthani thali with a variety of curries, bread, and sweets. It’s a burst of flavors in a single meal.
– Rabri: Bikaner is famous for its sweet treats, and rabri is a must-try. It’s a delectable dessert made from milk and sugar.
– Kachori: Try the spicy and crispy kachoris, which are available at local street stalls. They make for a perfect snack during your city explorations.
– Churma: This sweet dish is a Rajasthani specialty made of crushed wheat, sugar, and ghee. It’s a delightful dessert to savor.
6. Shopping in Bikaner
Bikaner offers a fantastic shopping experience for those who love collecting souvenirs and traditional items. The city is famous for its intricate jewelry, leather goods, and colorful textiles. You can explore the bustling markets around the old city for some unique finds. Don’t forget to haggle a bit – it’s all part of the experience.
7. Local Festivals
If your travel dates coincide with any of Bikaner’s festivals, you’re in for a cultural treat. The city celebrates festivals like Camel Festival, Kolayat Fair, and Karni Mata Fair with great fervor. These events offer a glimpse into the rich traditions and vibrant culture of Bikaner.
In conclusion, planning your first trip to Bikaner is an exciting prospect. With its rich history, delectable cuisine, and warm hospitality, Bikaner promises an unforgettable experience. While exploring the city, we recommend staying at Narendra Bhawan, one of the best hotels in Bikaner. Their regal accommodations and impeccable service will add a touch of luxury to your trip. So, pack your bags, plan your itinerary, and get ready to embark on a journey through the enchanting city of Bikaner.
For Narendra Bhawan Bikaner Booking, you can find many deals online, but always make sure to book it in advance to avoid hassle.