Digital Signature Certificates (DSC) are the digital form of physical or paper certificates. Some examples of DSc certificates online are driver’s licenses, passports or membership cards. Let’s understand through this blog if you want to get a digital signature certificate online or looking for a Signature Certificate Online Service in India.
Certificates must prove the identity of a person for a specific purpose; for example, a driver’s license indicates a person who can legally drive in a certain country. Similarly, a digital certificate can be sent electronically to prove identity, to obtain information or services from the Internet, or to digitally sign certain documents.
Physical documents are signed by hand, and the electronic documents, such as electronic forms, must also be digitally signed using a digital signature certificate. DSC may be required for e-filing of income tax returns, GST matters, online government tenders etc.
A licensed CA can issue a DSC. A licensed Certificate Authority (CA) issues a digital signature. Certification Authority (CA) means a person authorized to issue a digital signature certificate under Section 24 of the Indian IT Act 2000. The list of licensed CAs and their contact details are available on the MCA portal.
Types of Digital Signature Certificate (DSCs)
There are basically three types of DSc Certificate online available each with a different level of security. The different types of digital signature certificates are:
- Class 1: It provides a level of assurance where the risks and consequences of data compromise are not considered significant. This cannot be used by companies. It only verifies the name and email address of individuals.
- Class 2: This level is appropriate for environments where the risks and consequences of data corruption are moderate. This may include transactions with significant financial value or risk of fraud, or involving access to private information where there is a significant likelihood of malicious access. Here, the identity of the person is verified based on a trusted, pre-verified database.
- Class 3: This level is important in environments where threats to data are high or the consequences of data security service failures are high. This may involve very high value transactions or a high risk of fraud. This is the highest level where a person must present himself to a Registration Authority (RA) and prove his identity.
Class 2 or Class 3 Digital Signature Certificate (DSc) must be obtained from e-Filing issued by a Certificate Authority (CA) licensed on the MCA portal.
All signatories authorized under MCA21 require a Class-2 digital signature certificate. Similarly, all documents submitted by CA/CS/CWA and TAX PRACTITIONERS under MCA21 require a Class 2 Digital Signature Certificate.
How to use a Digital Signature Certificate?
A digital signature certificate is a valid legal certificate and used for sending income tax returns, electronic tender, various official announcements.
If you have a DSC, you can use it to sign a document quite easily. When you sign a PDF document, you must first open the PDF file in Adobe Acrobat Reader. Under the tool option, select the certificate from the available menu. If you see a menu bar, there are three options below it. They are digitally signed, time stamped and verified by everyone. You must select the digital signature option.
In the next step, you will see a dialog box. Click OK and when you see a plus sign on the mouse pointer, drag the mouse to the box where you want your signature to appear. After setting the box, you will see a dialog box asking you to select DSC. Select the desired DSC and then the brand.
Once you’ve placed the signature where you want it, you can save the PDF as a signed copy and then send it back to whoever you want to send it to.
Benefits of using a Digital Signature Certificate (DSc)
Digital signatures are widely used today as they offer many benefits to businesses around the world. Benefits you need to know if you want to get digital signature certificate online:
- Enhanced Security
- Digital signatures are based on PKI technology, an encryption that makes the signature part of the final document and cannot be changed or deleted.
- Legal Standards and Approvals
- One of the big advantages of digital signatures is that they can be enforced in almost every developed country in the world.
- Time Efficiency
- The digital signature process automates manual tasks and reduces long wait times to just a few hours.
- Streamlined Workflow
- Paper processes require coordination, accuracy and manual tracking. But that can be eliminated when using a digital tool that makes the workflow standard, consistent and error-free.
- Increased User Satisfaction
- Digital signatures benefit your customers, partners and stakeholders as in spite of visiting a branch, office or store, it can be signed from anywhere, on any device.
In Summary, Digital Signature Certificates (DSC) are the digital form of signature and if you want to get a digital signature certificate online or looking for a Signature Certificate Online Service in India, this blog really tells the most of DSc certificates online.
For more information, please visit our website: https://zenithfinserv.com/